Sunday, August 09, 2009

GTA Colorado Reflection


I like to give myself a couple days after a Google Teacher Academy to collect my thoughts. First of all, once again, Google and the CUE team did a tremendous job. The day was fun, educational and in a word, 'Googley'. All the presenters and participants were such an exergizing group to work with, I can't wait to see them again online for more converstion and collaboration.

One of my favorite memories was getting to show Scott Green (the self described 'principal' of the Google office) the augmented reality plugin for Google Sketchup. He hadn't seen it yet and agreed it was very cool. I wonder if it will influence anything in Sketchup's development going forward.

Once home my four year son asked, "Dad, did you bring me something from Google?" Since my previous GTA trips he's become accustomed to getting primary colored pens, notpads and yo-yos when I return. This time I gave him a chocolate bar with the Google logo embossed in it. He grinned and took a large bite. Then he asked, "Is this what Google tastes like?" All I could think to say was, "Um, in a way, yeah, it's that good."


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a trip to the Willy Wonka Chocolate factory! I enjoyed your session-- especially seeing the other educators awe at the AR demonstration. I hope we can continue our collaboration virtually throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I know the first time I walked on one of the Google campuses I certainly felt like I had entered the Chocolate Factory. And I wasn't disappointed!

    I'd love to collaborate on something this year, keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete