Sunday, July 19, 2009

Google Workshop for Educators at Rutgers


Last week I had the opportunity to work with Lisa Thumann and Kevin Jarrett (and his daughter Holly) at a Google Workshop for Educators. I brought a couple of my students along as well. It was a two workshop with 30 educators from across New Jersey. It was a real treat to work with Lisa again and it was my first chance to present with Kevin though I hope to again soon!

The kids had a great time, John presented Google Sketchup and Doran did Google Maps while helping the attendees throughout the two days. For me having the students present and get the experience of helping others was the best aspect of the workshop. It has become a cliche, but if students learn best by teaching, then we need to get them infront of educators more.

No comments:

Post a Comment